The medieval building was named after its arcades on the frontal part. The one-storeyed monumental house is located at 5, Orsolya Square, at the crossroads of Új Street and Szent György Street. By 1777 it belonged to the property of the city. On the ground floor there was a butcher’s shop, on the first floor a school and the city’s midwife lived here.
Since 1956, the upper floor has been used as an exhibition place for the Soproni Múzeum, where periodical exhibitions of arts and crafts, local history, archaeological and ethnographic exhibitions can be seen. Among others, in every two years the National Biennial of Medal Art is organized here since 1977, presenting the latest creations of contemporary Hungarian medal art, and in the next year the exhibition of the prize winners.